our100ways

100Things, If Born in a Zoo lol

Labels:

  1. My mom, pregnant with me and several weeks overdue, took my three older sisters to the Brookfield Zoo. While she was there she went into labor by the monkey cage. During my childhood she often joked that she accidentally took home one of the monkeys instead of me.
  2. I was born in Illinois.
  3. I live in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.
  4. My parents had picked a name for me prior to my birth.
  5. I was born on Easter Sunday.
  6. My mom wanted to name me “Bunny.”
  7. Dad protested. Way to go Dad! My name is Bonnie.
  8. My name was supposed to be Carolyn Lee.
  9. My middle name is Faye.
  10. I am 38 39 40 41 years old.
  11. I am Native American.
  12. I only lived in Illinois for six months. My family moved to Upper Michigan after a tornado struck in our neighborhood. The tornado missed our house, but struck houses on both sides of ours.
  13. I haven’t lived anywhere else since moving to the UP.
  14. I’ve considered living in Raleigh NC, Long Island NY, Lexington KY, and Fort Collins CO.
  15. I haven’t moved because I couldn’t afford grad school or was offered more pay not to leave my job.
  16. My first college major was Accounting.
  17. Then I switched to Computer Information Systems.
  18. Then I switched to a dual degree in Accounting & Computer Information Systems.
  19. Then I dropped out because I partied too much!
  20. I went back to college when I was 28 … after a 9 year hiatus.
  21. After one semester, I changed my degree to Construction Management.
  22. Most people I knew were shocked that I chose that major.
  23. My mom knew I loved reading blueprints and the structure of houses so she supported the change 100%.
  24. My mom was my best friend.
  25. I hated turning 29 because my mom died five days before my birthday.
  26. I almost quit school, then I decided that I had to make Mom proud no matter what.
  27. Just to keep focused on something besides not having my #1 cheerleader behind me: I added a minor in Business Administration and a concentration in computers plus grad school prep for Civil Engineering. The extra courses added a year to my length of stay at NMU.
  28. I earned my bachelor’s degree when I was 31.
  29. My degree is in Construction Management.
  30. I took five years worth of credits in 3 1/2 years.
  31. I graduated Cum Laude.
  32. I used to get frustrated if I didn’t get an A.
  33. I almost flunked Calculus, Physics, and Chemistry.
  34. I received a C, B, and B respectively.
  35. My goal was to graduate from college Magna Cum Laude.
  36. I missed it by 0.002 of a point.
  37. My diploma sat on my countertop unopened for 3 weeks because I was mad at myself.
  38. Most of the students I went to college with were males under 21. Some of them asked me out on dates.
  39. I wondered if those guys thought I looked young or wanted to date an older woman.
  40. Sometimes I still get carded when I purchase adult fermented beverages. One clerk told me I was too short to be 21.
  41. I am 4′11″. I used to be 4′11 3/4″ … I lost some along the way. Go figure!?!?!?
  42. I used to think I wanted to have my master’s degree before I turn 35. After I turned 35, I said wanted to have my master’s degree before I turn 40.
  43. Now I want a second bachelor’s degree.
  44. I want to go back to school for programming.
  45. But I probably won’t.
  46. My current job is the Construction Project Manager for the Housing Department of a Native American community.
  47. I like the work that I do, but not necessarily where I work.
  48. My favorite job was a truss designer.
  49. I have four sisters.
  50. I have one brother.
  51. I am single.
  52. Single = not married. Get over it.
  53. I am divorced.
  54. After I decided to stay at NMU longer, my ex-husband gave me an ultimatum … my marriage or my education. I miss his Harley.
  55. I have had a boyfriend named Dave. He dumped me. I miss his boat and big bathtub.
  56. I met him in a bar.
  57. I knew who he was before we met because I used to check him out at work.
  58. I don’t have any kids.
  59. I don’t want any kids.
  60. My tubes are tied.
  61. I like kids as long as I can send them home when they get too obnoxious.
  62. I doubt that I will remarry.
  63. Unless it is for professional or financial gain. ;)
  64. I don’t have any pets. I found my baby on the internet.
  65. I would like to have a dog. And Annie is her name-o.
  66. I am never home so the dog would probably starve. She eats way better than I do.
  67. I believe there is other life in the universe.
  68. I believe in ghosts.
  69. My house had a ghost. It didn’t bother me except it made a lot of noise.
  70. It left after my sister smudged my house. A smudge is a Native American tradition to get rid of negative energies.
  71. I don’t know much about my culture.
  72. I didn’t know my sister smudged until I got home and smelled it. I never told her about the ghost. It’s remarkable that the smudge worked.
  73. I think Dave’s house has a ghost. The only time I hear it is when I’m alone and in the bedroom. It does stuff in the kitchen like bang dishes and opens the fridge.
  74. Right now my fridge contains pickles, olives, milk, cheese curds, eggs, bread, salad dressing, leftover meatloaf and mashed potatoes. Usually it contains fuzzy green lumps.
  75. I made the meatloaf myself.
  76. I don’t like to cook, but I was hungry for meatloaf.
  77. Now I have two sinks full of dishes.
  78. I hate doing dishes.
  79. I am not a domestic goddess.
  80. No piercing.
  81. I used to have my ears pierced, but I can’t tolerate wearing earrings anymore.
  82. I passed out the first time I got my ears pierced.
  83. Needles make me woozy.
  84. The next time I got my ears pierced I was drunk.
  85. I don’t remember if I passed out.
  86. I have two tattoos.
  87. I didn’t pass out when I got my tattoos.
  88. I sang loudly in my head so I didn’t hear the needle.
  89. One tattoo has had my ex’s name on it.
  90. I’ve been wanting to get got that tattoo altered or removed.
  91. I currently own a red Cavalier convertible and a white Grand Prix.
  92. I love summer.
  93. I hate winter.
  94. I tried to like winter. It didn’t work.
  95. My favorite channels are HGTV, TLC, BBC America, and Discovery Home & Leisure.
  96. I am addicted to design shows.
  97. I am addicted to the computer.
  98. I am addicted to beer and wine.
  99. I usually watch design shows while seated at a computer drinking beer or wine.
  100. Smells I love: fresh cut wood, Play-Doh, bonfires, watermelon Jolly Ranchers.

By:
http://www.borninazoo.com/?page_id=1833

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Followers - Friends

Thank you for adding to Followers.

Questions (?)

If there's ever anything you'd like to ask, respond to or pass along, drop us a Comment at (AA)Suggestion Area and I'll do what I can to get it done.

How to Sign-In as Followers

1. Click "Follow".
2. Sign in with either Google or Yahoo with your Email.
3. Fill in "Name:_ Photo:_ " Click "Follow this blog" (Publicity). - Upload a picture will take some time, the smaller picture the faster.
4. You'll see this:
"Congratulations, (Your name) - You are now following our100ways"
5. Close

Help (?)

Step 1. If the words are too small, cannot read well, here is how you can do. Hold Ctrl + Roll Mouse Scroll toward Up direction. It will zoom-in and you will able to see a bigger picture on the screen.

Step 2. If its too compact, Press F11 on the keyboard to a wider screen, following by step 1. Press F11 again to resume.

Mouse Scroll

Mouse Scroll
- laptop scroll and mouse scroll.