our100ways

Top 100Saddest Songs

Labels:
15.6% 1) The Last Words You Said - Sarah Brightman

This song tugs at the heart.

tarot_contralto

For anyone whose soul has been singed by the passions and glories of tragic love-- this One’s for you. Sarah’s voice singing these heart-breaking lyrics will tenderly wound and heal you. She’s without equal in awaking hidden depths of feeling in the listener.

timhatcher

when she sings she speaks to your heart.


13.7% 2) Without You - X Japan

I miss u... Hide...

mamamumu

the music itself is more than enough to make people cry. listen to the lyric, the effect is tenfold.

kurenai_tenshi

The song is so sad since it was written for hide who died so tragically and way too young.


11.9% 3) Time To Say Goodbye - Sarah Brightman

God. This song makes me cry everytime i hear it. This is my fave song of all time. Love you Sarah!

sarahbfan4eva

Sarah Brightman the worlds biggest selling soprano.

debsan

is the best song, and the voice is spectacular.


7.9% 4) Free - Sarah Brightman

this song is very haunting and at the same time uplifting.

richt63

Sarah is the best! Thank you for giving the world your beautiful voice to hear.

debsan

as I commented before. this song is both haunting and uplifting. its one of her best. thanks sarah.


5.9% 5) I (Who Have Nothing) - Shirley Bassey

Very Emotional Top 10 HIT Single from the powerful vocalist, Shirley Bassey, recorded back in 1963! This song deserves to be on this list!

Very sad song >> This emotional Top 10 single for Shirley was recorded in 1963 >> She has been faithfully performing this song during LIVE concerts for over four decades.


4.3% 6) Confessions of a Broken Heart (Daughter to Father) - Lindsay Lohan

so deep...


4.1% 7) Tears In Heaven - Eric Clapton

For awhile, I couldn’t listen to this, after my son died.

RdrTech

This has got to be the saddest song of all time.It’s about his son that died.

biscuits

do i really need to say anything...

sixstring37


2.7% 8) Old Shep - Elvis Presley

It’s sad, but mainly because he’s no longer around...

Music

I Don’t know how this is the 7th saddest song of all time i haven’t even heard the other 6 well i might have heard them but i just didn’t recognize them I bet that none of those 6 songs are as sad as this

Coldplay

You Stupid Idiot This song is sad because he kills a dog not because he’s no longer around you n00b well I suppose it does make it a bit more sad but it is mainly because the dog dies

Greenday


2.6% 9) This Used To Be My Playground - Madonna


1.9% 10) Hiroshima - Sandra

listen to Hiroshima - Sandra on iTunes

Choices Not In The Top Ten

1.8% 11) Concrete Angel - Martina McBride

its so sad

xxmegxx

Sad song from the heart

ryan3883

i cried.
for the first 10 times.
a little girls dies..
& it’s just soo sad :(

1.8% 12) Last Song - Gackt

So damn sad and beautiful song...

1.5% 13) Forever Love - X Japan

1.4% 14) Family Portrait - P!nk

When I heard this song first time I thought: that is so good that my parents love each other and I don’t have that pain that was about in this song. Now my parents are divorced and my feelings of this song are very sad.

1.3% 15) Careless Whisper - George Michael

1.2% 16) The Show Must Go On - Queen

About the death of Freddy Mercury, truly the greatest singer. Sad but beautifull song. I felt sorry for Brian May.

THEMASTER

Very sad song. :’(
It was played in a gleaming black Rolls-Royce carrying the coffin in which Mercury’s body lay in, as they drove slowly into the grounds of the West London crematorium in Kensal Rise.
:’(
I still love you, Freddie.

1.2% 17) Seize the Day - Avenged Sevenfold

Very Sad But Powerful Song

Dglass23

Just watch the music video; just listen to that guitar solo.. You can almost hear the tears..

This song is the best..

1% 18) My Immortal - Evanescence

It’s the saddest song I’ve ever heard...

Lidija

now if you wanna talk about sad... check this song out for realzz!

ammawesome

omg, this song is FATAL to listen to when your upset :S

emm

0.8% 19) Right Here Waiting - Richard Marx

i love that song!

0.8% 20) Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven

0.7% 21) Under the Bridge - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Beautiful

0.7% 22) Whisky Lullaby - Brad Paisley

this song is just not safe for depressed people

Dania0671

how can this not be the saddest song of all time, a man kills himself because he’s not with the love of his life, and then she feels so guilty she then kills herself... so sad

sad, so very sad :’(

0.6% 23) Because of You - Kelly Clarkson

~~

R0CK3R

very deep perfomance

Alexandr

A song about a girl that lives the experience of the problematic marriage of their parents. Such a sad song...

0.6% 24) Cancer - My Chemical Romance

This is the only song to have made me cry within the first three chords. It is beautifully performed and brilliantly thought out. You couldn’t get a sadder song.

RiffandMagenta

Makes me shake. It reminds of my uncle

Lucion

0.5% 25) Only Friends - The Lettermen

0.5% 26) Mama I'm Coming Home - Ozzy Osbourne

saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!

0.5% 27) My Guitar Lies Bleeding In My Arms - Bon Jovi

very sad song with much feelings but a great bon jovi song

richie4life

0.4% 28) Back for Good - Take That

0.4% 29) Missing You - Brandy, Tamia, Gladys Knight

This sound helped me through the lost of my mother. The words are perfect for what I was going through. Brandy, Tamia, Gladys Knight and Chaka Khan really shine in this song of loss. Thank you!!!

0.4% 30) Yesterday - The Beatles

An absolutely gorgeous song, could bring Castro to tears it’s so beautifuly sad.

0.4% 31) Stan - Eminem

great... shady at his best...

Its powerful

Haunting, should be in top 10

0.4% 32) One Sweet Day - Mariah Carey

0.3% 33) Mad World - Gary Jules

i always struggle not to cry when listening to this song. its just so slow and lilty, and Gary Jules soft, slow, smooth voice just brings the lyrics to life...which sounds kind of ironic really.

0.3% 34) Cat's In The Cradle - Harry Chapin

And the sliver spoon.

biscuits

my dad used to sing this song to me every night to make me fall asleep... and as I got older I realized that he has missed a lot of my life because of his job!

it’s a good song but at the right times it can be the saddest

0.3% 35) Last Kiss - Pearl Jam

Its beautiful and horribly sad.

LadyLioness

Though I’m not a big fan of love songs, I was shocked not to see this one here!

sumit

0.3% 36) Something in the Way - Nirvana

Definately!!!

odin666

0.3% 37) He Stopped Loving Her Today - George Jones

0.3% 38) Send In the Clowns - Judy Collins

0.3% 39) Creep - Radiohead

0.2% 40) The End of the World - Skeeter Davis

0.2% 41) Wake Me Up When September Ends - Green Day

0.2% 42) Never Dreamed You'd Leave in Summer - Stevie Wonder

I simply adored this song, until I realized how very depressing it is. Its still very beautiful though

0.2% 43) Dance With The Devil - Immortal Technique

One of the most tragic stories ever recorded by an artist. The ending will give you goosebumps.

0.2% 44) Down In a Hole - Alice In Chains

0.2% 45) I Will Remember You - Sarah McLachlan

so sad.
played at my cousins funeral.

0.2% 46) Streets of Philadelphia - Bruce Springsteen

0.2% 47) Superman (It's Not Easy) - Five for Fighting

0.2% 48) What Hurts the Most - Rascal Flatts

So sad. I love this song.

0.2% 49) Hurt - Nine Inch Nails

0.2% 50) Breathe Me - Sia

so sad, the piano piece and her voice, it’s all so good. LISTEN TO IT!

timone150

0.2% 51) Alyssa Lies - Jason Michael Carroll

0.2% 52) Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd

Beautiful and moving. I have cried to this one before...

0.1% 53) Nobody Home - Pink Floyd

Great, and sad, song. One of the greatest bands

0.1% 54) As Tears Go By - The Rolling Stones

0.1% 55) Sara - Fleetwood Mac

0.1% 56) Everytime - Britney Spears

I really love that song by her and only that song. It reminds me of a lullaby

0.1% 57) Jeremy - Pearl Jam

THis song is so great, and sad that a kid thought this was the only move he had left. The chorus, "Jeremy spoke in class today" is so chilling" I think by far, it’s Pearl Jam’s best vocals

0.1% 58) Teen Angel - Mark Dinning

0.1% 59) Seasons In the Sun - Terry Jacks

Goodbye Michelle my little one
You gave me love and helped me find the sun
And every time that I was down
You would always come around
And get my feet back on the ground.Goodbye Michelle it’s hard to die
When all the birds are singing in the sky
Now that the spring is in the air
With the flowers everywhere
I wish that we could both be there

0.1% 60) How to Save a Life - The Fray

How To Save A Life is one of the saddest songs that I’ve ever heard. I just heard it today, and I totally fell in love with it. Especially when your watching a really sad episode of a comedy-drama TV show. Not just drama alone -- comedy has to be there with it, because it makes it all the more sad. In my opinion, that is. ^^;;

darkvineyard

0.1% 61) Epiphany - Staind

0.1% 62) My December - Linkin Park

Very sad song. I feel sad every time I hear it :(

0.1% 63) A Tout le Monde - Megadeth

0.1% 64) Adam's Song - Blink 182

if you listen to the lyrics of this song you will realise it is about a kid called adam who commited suicide and his mum asked blink 182 to write a song about him, best version of this song is live on mark tom and travis show

They’re not a very good band but this is a pretty sad song

0.1% 65) I'll Be There - Escape Club

ccccrazzy song

Tito

0.1% 66) Layla - Derek and the Dominos

0.1% 67) Dance With My Father - Luther Vandross

You can’t listen to it without crying.

0.1% 68) Empty Tears, Empty Hearts - Hale

it’s a song from their 2nd album "twilight"
this song really made my eyes pour down tears from what i’ve experienced before... it the lyrics and the tune shows the real emotion of it’s theme

jully

0.1% 69) Bye - Elliott Smith

This one will probably not climb the ladder, since far from everyone have heard it. Although, the two minute long instrumental could be one of the saddest pieces of music written in modern time.

0.1% 70) Ben - Michael Jackson

0.1% 71) It’s So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday - Boyz II Men

0.1% 72) Doesn’t Remind Me - Audioslave

0.1% 73) If Everyone Cared - Nickelback

0.1% 74) Broken - Amy Lee & Seether

0.1% 75) Njosnavelin - Sigur Ros

This is an extremely pretty song.. The way the guitarist uses a cello bow is just amazing in this song..

0.1% 76) In This River - Black Label Society/Zakk Wylde

Song for dime, saddest thing i’ve ever heard

purelegend1

this brings tears to my eyes, man.

0.1% 77) Lithium - Evanescence

this song is so depressing.

xrrrockstar

0.1% 78) Bad Day - Daniel Powter

0.1% 79) Apologize - One Republic

0.1% 80) The Funeral - Band of Horses

0.1% 81) Ohne dich - Rammstein

Its German for "without you". Very sad song.

"Without you I cannot be
With you I’m alone too
Without you I count the seconds
They aren’t worth it without you"

0.1% 82) Blue October - Black Orchid

so unbelievably sad...

0.1% 83) Desperado - The Eagles

Sad, but beautiful song by a great band

THEMASTER

0.1% 84) Hello - Evanescence

This song makes me cry.

0.1% 85) Porcelain - Red Hot Chili Peppers

0.1% 86) Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word - Elton John

0.1% 87) Good Enough - Evanescence

0.1% 88) At Seventeen - Janis Ian

0.1% 89) Best I Ever Had (Grey Sky Morning) - Vertical Horizon

0.1% 90) I Remember You - Skid Row

i shall gladly kill anyone who will disagree that this song is the saddest love song ever...
this song is all in one set...
think about it, a metal band playing slow but still a metal song which talks about the person which has already left...

0.1% 91) Free Bird - Lynyrd Skynyrd

0.1% 92) Adagio for Strings - Samuel Barber

0.1% 93) Your Letter - 112

just wait for the ending

0.1% 94) Sarabeth (Skin) - Rascal Flatts

its makes you cry.

0.1% 95) The Winner Takes It All - ABBA

0.1% 96) Reila - The gazette

super sad song... makes me wanna cry

0.1% 97) Niji - L'Arc~en~Ciel

its lyrics and melody are depressing. the saddest song of the band

0% 98) You Are So Beautiful - Joe Cocker

0% 99) Autumn Leaves - Eva Cassidy

So beautiful and touching song that everybody should hear it.

0% 100) Bell Bottom Blues - Eric Clapton


By:
http://www.the-top-tens.com/lists/top-ten-saddest-songs.asp


0 comments:

Post a Comment


Followers - Friends

Thank you for adding to Followers.

Questions (?)

If there's ever anything you'd like to ask, respond to or pass along, drop us a Comment at (AA)Suggestion Area and I'll do what I can to get it done.

How to Sign-In as Followers

1. Click "Follow".
2. Sign in with either Google or Yahoo with your Email.
3. Fill in "Name:_ Photo:_ " Click "Follow this blog" (Publicity). - Upload a picture will take some time, the smaller picture the faster.
4. You'll see this:
"Congratulations, (Your name) - You are now following our100ways"
5. Close

Help (?)

Step 1. If the words are too small, cannot read well, here is how you can do. Hold Ctrl + Roll Mouse Scroll toward Up direction. It will zoom-in and you will able to see a bigger picture on the screen.

Step 2. If its too compact, Press F11 on the keyboard to a wider screen, following by step 1. Press F11 again to resume.

Mouse Scroll

Mouse Scroll
- laptop scroll and mouse scroll.