our100ways

100 things

Labels:

The lists

Since I'm geek (anorak, nerd delete as appropriate), and geeks like sci-fi, here are my 10 favourite sci-fi films (in no particular order)

  • 2001: A Space odyssey
  • Rollerball (the original)
  • Matrix
  • Cube
  • Dark City
  • Ghost in the Shell
  • The Empire Strikes Back
  • eXistenZ
  • Aliens
  • Starship Troopers

I'm not only in to sci-fi, so in that sprit here are 10 of my favourite non sci-fi films

  • The Untouchables
  • Twister
  • Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
  • Dogma
  • Saving Private Ryan
  • Falling Down
  • Jaws
  • Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
  • American Pie 2
  • Ronin

I read as well, so here are my ten favourite books (of any kind)

While I'm working at my keyboard, music is pretty much essential, so here's some of my favourite albums

  • Bat out of hell II, Meat loaf
  • Bridge of spies, T'pau
  • Life for rent, Dido
  • Journeyman, Eric Clapton
  • The Best of the Eagles
  • Albedo 0.39, Vanglis
  • Buffy the vampire slayer sound tack, vol 1
  • Aliens soundtrack, James Horner
  • Star Wars soundtrack, John Willams
  • Fallen, Evancesance

I do watch a fair bit of of TV to, so hear are my ten all favourite programs

  • Buffy the vampire slayer
  • The Simpsons
  • Doctor Who
  • Blakes 7
  • Star Gate SG-1
  • Futurama
  • Dead like me
  • X files (up till season 5 anyway!)
  • Babylon 5
  • Fraser

Sayings that sum up what I feel about the world

  • "I'm going to live forever or die trying", Vila
  • "Fall down 7 times, stand up 8", Japanese proverb
  • "There can be no thought of finishing 'aiming for the stars'. No matter how much progess you make, there is always the thrill of just beging", Robert Goddard
  • "For we are luminous beings are we, not this crude matter", Yoda
  • "Somewhere some thing incredible is waiting to be known", Carl Sagan
  • "A straight line may the shortest route between two points but it's by no means the most interesting", The Doctor
  • "Nobody said it had to be reel, but it's got to be something you can reach out and feel", Meat loaf
  • "For every complex question, there is a simple answer-- and it's wrong", H.L. Mencken
  • "The universe is not only stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine", J.B.S Haldane
  • "Do'h", Homer J Simpson

Since I'm male, even though I'm a geek, doesn't mean that I don't notice the fairer sex, in that vane here are (in my opion) the 10 best looking ladies in the world

Mmmm...food...garr. Since I do all of this hard work siting down at my computer, I need a healthy(!?) supply of food to keep my energy up. So here are my 10 favourite meals/foods

  • Chocolate cheesecake
  • Tuna and Mayonnaise
  • Stake and chips
  • Pizza (meaty kinds mostly)
  • Cheese and apple sandwich
  • Pancakes with maple syrup
  • Apple crumble and custard
  • Chocolate brownies
  • Pancakes and lemon juice
  • Just plain Chocolate!

Man's 10 greatest achievements (to date)

  • The wheel
  • Written language
  • Powered flight
  • Getting to the moon
  • The Internet
  • The Pyramids
  • Clocks
  • The number 0
  • The ability to imagine far beyond our tiny mind's and bodies
  • Having not destroyed him self by now

Okay so I ran out of ideas, so here's 10, number 11 from the other lists

  • 11th favourite sci-fi film: Galaxy Quest
  • 11th favourite non sci-fi film: Pleasantville
  • 11th favourite book: The Dilbert Future, Scot Adams
  • 11th favourite Album: I Giorni, Ludovico Einaudi
  • 11th favourite TV program: Angel
  • 11th saying that sums up my feelings about the world: "Never Guess. Unless you have to. There's enough uncertainty in the universe as it is", The Doctor
  • 11th best looking lady in the world: Alexandra Paul
  • 11th favourite food stuff: Cold beef and mashed potatoes
  • mans 11th greatest achievement: The world telephone network

Feel free to visit:
http://www.hyperlands.net/hyperlands/100things.html


0 comments:

Post a Comment


Followers - Friends

Thank you for adding to Followers.

Questions (?)

If there's ever anything you'd like to ask, respond to or pass along, drop us a Comment at (AA)Suggestion Area and I'll do what I can to get it done.

How to Sign-In as Followers

1. Click "Follow".
2. Sign in with either Google or Yahoo with your Email.
3. Fill in "Name:_ Photo:_ " Click "Follow this blog" (Publicity). - Upload a picture will take some time, the smaller picture the faster.
4. You'll see this:
"Congratulations, (Your name) - You are now following our100ways"
5. Close

Help (?)

Step 1. If the words are too small, cannot read well, here is how you can do. Hold Ctrl + Roll Mouse Scroll toward Up direction. It will zoom-in and you will able to see a bigger picture on the screen.

Step 2. If its too compact, Press F11 on the keyboard to a wider screen, following by step 1. Press F11 again to resume.

Mouse Scroll

Mouse Scroll
- laptop scroll and mouse scroll.